Originally Posted by Technic
1) With car/iDrive OFF, open trunk and have a good look at the LC2i and your aftermarket amp. They should be ON.
2) Leave trunk opened, go away and come back in about 10 minutes.
3) Take a look at the LC2i and the aftermarket amp: they should be OFF.
4) Open the driver's door.
5) LC2i and the aftermarket amp should be ON.
That tests the OEM remote wire. GTO is irrelevant if you connected the thin black wire directly to the LC2i and then the LC2i remote out to the aftermarket amp.
1) Connect aftermarket amp inputs to the LC2i MAIN outputs.
2) Set LC2i gains (all of them) to min
3) Play a 50Hz tone and adjust LC2i MAIN gain until is loud enough for you from the driver seat.
That should be it.
Remember, the harness is only wires connecting the OEM amp woofer outputs to the LC2i high level inputs.
nevermind... sorry, bad post. I didnt see the other posts.