View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #35
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bac mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
I dont even know what that has to do with our discussion..but if you feel like you can counter my argument with sound financial data...please do so..

I do finance and investments for a living..so consider I may know what I am talking about..be happy to crunch the numbers for you..
You're the exact kind of financial advisor I avoid. If you think there's a one-size-fits-all package then you're delusional.

Different people have different needs. Some people always need to drive a car that is 3 years or less and don't mind the additional costs so a lease makes more sense as they wrap up the additional expense as "part of the business" - for example salesmen, real estate brokers to name a few.

There are others who plan on keeping the car close to a decade so a lease doesn't make sense at all.

It's a fact that the day you drive a brand new car off the lot the value drops like a rock - more than any period of time in the lifetime of the car. New cars are never "investments." Thats one of the many variables one has to personally consider before making a decision.

Just because you don't PREFER to drive a car until it's wheels falls off doesn't mean it isn't any more valid to someone else.

It's "finance" people like you with self centered "tunnel vision" that make me sick to my stomach.

Appreciate 0