My BMW M3 CRT
My initial review (translated by 33CV):
Quick review since the car is still under break in period (1,900km break in, 170km/h max speed, 5,500 revs max). Apparently the engine is limited during this period, according to the sales guy. I have driven 600km up to now.
Official specs and info on the M3 CRT @ http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=548729
- Between the engine with 450hp and the custom exhaust, the sound is incredible. I have the impression that it's more noticeable inside than outside (you can feel vibrations under the seat!).
- Getting going in 1st or 2nd gear you can already tell that it's not a normal M3.
- The color (matte grey paint) is magnificent. I was afraid of how it might come out, and I wasn't the only one, but everybody thinks it's great.
- The chassis seems to have been custom tuned...the car has impressive stability even on fast curves. To be confirmed on the track in mid March.
- The seats are great, both in design and seating position. And the rear passengers love them too.
- The shocks can be adjusted for shock and rebound, I have to try out different settings since right now the smallest imperfection in the road is felt.
- It's impossible to be discreet in this car. Even if the exterior mostly is, you can hear it coming from far away and the brakes are even sometimes audible
- (competition pads?)
- For the time being, mostly positive.
- The magic of the e90 m3 is preserved, even augmented. You really have the impression that it's a special car (especially the alcantara steering wheel and the steering feel!)
- I don't regret anything but I'll wait for the break in period to be over before giving you a full review.
M3 CRT track results from the Autobild Ultimate BMW M Model Track Shootout
|Autobild Shootout ||Sachsenring lap time|
|BMW M3 GTS (on semi-slicks)||1:37.30|
|BMW M3 CRT||1:38.87|
|BMW F10 M5 (driven by Claudia Hürtgen. Other cars were driven by Autobild drivers)||1:38.90|
|BMW 1M Coupe||1:40.18|
|BMW M3 Coupe DCT||1:40.52|
|BMW M3 Sedan DCT||1:40.60|
|BMW M3 Convertible DCT||1:42.63|
|BMW X6 M|| 1:43.67|
|BMW X5 M||1:43.72|
|BMW E60 M5||1:43.77|