View Single Post
      02-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #80
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...

Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
So here's a question ... and not to hijack this thread (to nowhere it seems ), or throw water on this 'holy grail' of harnesses, but do we really want this harness anyway?

The more I read, the more I read that you really need a 6-point harness with a cage. Period! Anything else is doing it halfway and *may* cause more harm in an accident than just using the 3-point OEM belt and airbags.

I read about 4-point harnesses putting pressure on your internal organs (never good), etc. And the classic one about if the roof caves in your head gets to try to stop it. (not something I want to try).

This is very frustrating because I want to have my cake and eat it too. I want to be very fast, BUT safe, in a car I can still drive to the grocery store. I am beginning to think that isn't plausible.

Maybe a hybrid head/neck restraint that works with OEM belts is the best before gutting the car and installing seats/cage/6-point harnesses.

This weekend at VIR I am going to try the trick to lock the seat belt and see how that works out while using my Hybrid Pro Rage.

Current: 2015 F80 M3 (SS, Full Black Interior, 6MT, LED, Adaptive, 19's) - On Order
Previous: 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
AMPowerJ is online now   United_States