Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 n54 e92xi, 6mt, kw v3

Garage List
2009 335xi  [4.22]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorH View Post
Why would that be? Up earlier in this post someone reported that the belts were in production. If that's true (maybe they were not completely honest) then why can't they give a release date?
Well. I ~was~ being honest, I only wrote what I heard ~on the phone~. Yea, we're getting strung along, and the season is approaching. I was going to follow up in first week of March, but now I don't know if it's worth regurgitating any BS from that call. So it goes with vaporware.

As for Rallye-3s or 4s, I know 4s work. IMO 3s would be safer, however, I don't know if you can keep the rear OEM seat belts operational at the same
time when you connect the Rallye-3 to the C pillar, because of the roller assembly. I don't mind having a 3" belt and buckle/attachment sticking out here and there, but I don't want to have to install and uninstall a Rallye for every event so I can have operational rear seat belts.

My stinky opinion is that these belts ARE safer, because my focus on driving won't be as easily disrupted by a lack of being securely fastened to the seat. This is why I am livid with NASA racing because it's (to them) a liability issue, and not a safety issue, even though I think they disguise it as a safety issue. I have a lot of respect for Schroth getting these Rallyes DOT approved and I have a ton of respect for the DOT itself.