View Single Post
      02-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
This is untrue. We have no reason to believe Iran is developing weapons or intends to use them. Iran hasn't been involved in any recent conflict. That's why America and Britain keep trying to link Iran to terrorism so that we think they are violent and hate all westerners and jews and might be "crazy enough to use" nuclear weapons.

So by that logic other nations (America, Britain, Israel, North Korea etc.) should be allowed weapons because they aren't crazy and wouldn't use them? Come on. Every day America uses drones and invades airspace of countries. How many people were killed in the Iraq war? That is terrorism. The problem is world media has convinced people that terrorism = radical muslims. So when do we see actual terrorism we don't recognise it as such. When we America-Britain led wars across the world we see at as some sort of liberating movement to spread peace across the world. Yeah right!

Also, the holocaust has nothing to do with this but it always fascinates me every time people use this example. 9/11 is used in the same way. Our media has filled our minds with conspiracy theories that every muslim country is corrupt and sponsors terrorism. This "war on terror" is a joke. It's just a premise to invade other lands. There is no real clear defined enemy and at some point we accuse almost every nation of being involved in terrorism. It creates fear and panic and leads to justification of wars.

You disagreed with the notion that some nation should police another. I argued that its not that clear cut using the holocaust as an example. It has everything to do with proving my point. It isnt 9-11. It was the holocaust and it perfectly serves my example. Furthermore the fact that you think iran isnt creating any nuclear weapon is just refusing to see whats happening. America has imposed stiff sanctions because nothing? Iran has moved warships into the straight of hormuz for nothing? Come on.

I never said it was okay to have nukes, i only reasoned to you why its not AS MUCH as an issue as Iran having them. If they have a crazy leader it wouldnt surprise me if he tried to do something crazy. I.E. attack Israel. Like Javi says, it wouldnt end well for Iran but he also makes the point that if anyone should be worried it should be Israel, which leads me back to the OP. Israel and everyone else who reads that article thinks the Gen. is patronizing Israel.