clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
Great info! Thanks for sharing. A couple of comments:

Your M dealership's service bays are so pristine, and the fact that you can view them working on your car is fantastic. If we had that type of setup here, I would never have to wonder whether the techs properly reinstalled the wheel lugs with a torque wrench rather than an air gun. It's curious why we in the US don't have M-specific dealerships, given that we buy the largest proportion of the M division's output. Is it because BMWNA figures that the presence of M cars in the main BMW dealership attracts all buyers, including those for 328s and 528s, serving as an aspirational model?

Love the side-by-side pic of your M3 and new M5. The M3 looks petite in comparison. Makes me feel better about using my M3 for track duty--it's certainly not a 911 or a flyweight Exige, but in the grand scheme of things the M3 is a fairly reasonable size for the track.
I guess if US is already the biggest buyer of M cars, they naturally won't be spending much time trying to get creative with u guys. In addition, the profit margin for an M car is pretty slim there going by the price. A dedicated M dealer requires a pretty hefty profit margin to sustain due to the lower volume. Over here, we don't have any choice. Every marque is represented by only 1 official dealership. People often change marque due to frustrations with the dealer as we can't simply drive a few miles further to another dealership. Please be careful what you ask for cos u might not like what u get. Low price M cars or more exclusive dealer, pick one?

Where cars are concerned, nobody in the world should be anywhere close to being envious of us here!!!

- Frozen Grey F10 M5 DCT
- Rosso Corsa 458 Speciale
- Frozen Grey E92 M3 Sold