OMG thank you so much for mentioning this game. This is the greatest game ever!!! I'm suprised it's not making any huge waves as it's still mostly unknown. I played it all weekend, roughly level 20 now. So take my small review for what it's worth.
- Beautiful colorful graphics, like it or hate it, the atmosphere is beautiful. It's a fantasy RPG, and the graphics are cartoon like "aka WoW" but they are very detailed.
- Action. Think of God of War combat inside of an RPG. It's fast and heavy hitting.
- Customizability. There are 3 main skill trees; Might (warrior), Finess (rogue), Magic (mage). Each level you get 3 skill points to go in whatever class you wish. Then you get to choose a skillset point (smithing, alchemy, gem crafting, etc.), and finaly you get 1 Destiny point. The Destinies can be combined (Might/Finess) and add attributes like +crit %, mele damage %, etc. So basically, you play the game how you want it to be played, which is the only similarity to Skyrim
- Tons of quests! You have side quests around town and secondary guild quests similar to Skyrim.
- Fate mode. You can slow down time and perform finishing moves.
- Loot!!! Think of Diablo or WoW. You have rare, unique, set and craftable items. There are weapons galore, never seen such variety. Longsword, greatsword, hammer, daggers, faeblades, ...... it keeps going. You can't dual yeild, that's only for daggers/faeblades.
-Mostly all NPC's have voice over.
- You can re-spec and change your appearance at anytime during the game (if you own the house in Webwood).
- Standard go here get this or kill this quests...about the only thing holding this one back.
- Camera angles can be fustrating at times.
- Nothing new in terms of RPG's....but this is not a bad thing.
- Dual yeiling any type of melee weapon would be nice.
Like said before. Nothing new here, this game takes aspects from Diablo, WoW, GoW, Skyrim and turns it into a masterpiece. Sometimes nothing new turns out to be a good thing. If you like any of the games listed above, and who doesn't, you will want to own KoA:R. With so much customization of characters, I think there will be tons of replay value, however, lets see if the quests get old like Skyrim did.
9.5/10 - in my first 20 levels.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Last edited by Syndicategt; 02-13-2012 at 02:02 PM.