02-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #93
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
liberals that say "my secretary pays less in taxes than I do" are just plain lying or shockingly ignorant.
You're both lying AND shockingly ignorant, because 1) nobody says that - you intentionally misquoted - it's "lower tax rate", not "less in taxes"; and 2) I didn't know Warren Buffet, Ben Stein and Nick Hanauer were liberals
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...145808200.html
Quote:
And when you throw in the substantial numbers of "tax payers" that actually pay no tax whatsoever it's beyond disingenuous to make the argument.
What's disengenuous is your statement - most people pay taxes, except for the elderly on SSI. Even low-income people contribute payroll taxes, state and other taxes.
Quote:
If we are going to debate our insane tax code the least the libs could do is tell the truth.
We tell the truth, you lie. Truth: we have had a graduated tax system for around 80 years, and the top tier is near it's lowest level in history. Graduated tax rates are not class warfare, they are logical and fair, that's why they've always been like that.
Truth: the upper 40% of incomes pay about the same flat rate today, rather than a graduated rate, because of years of political influence.