BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Australia
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilli View Post
So for those that are interested, i spoke to customs today and any wheels that are sourced and manufactured wholly in the USA are a scheduled item under the Australia - USA Free trade agreement and are free from any duty charges.

I basically paid the $55 dollar fee to an agent, got the supplier to fill out a declaratation and the wheels / tires will come GST / Duty free! Which makes the purchase price very appealing once again. If anyone wants more info PM me but it's a fairly straight forward process
Because MFKN3 and I got the wheels ex Holland we paid GST and import duty but they were cheaper ex Europe than USA. In any case BBS wheels are manufactured in Herbolzheim Germany and exported to USA. USA has only sales and marketing (apparently) so would not qualify as OEM. I'd hate to see anyone caught out on a technicality. MFKN3 researched this at great length to get the best pricing which ended up being Holland. Even with the duties its sad to say they are still significantly cheaper to import and pay the duties than buy here. The rims alone are $3590 RRP here (for 19")