View Single Post
      02-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #60
gone
Private

Drives: M3 E93

Me too

Had same error come up several times in last 4 weeks. I drive the car, a 2008 E93 M3, well within the acceptable "daily driving" times. Finally car will not start or do anything electrical at all last Friday. I try trickle charger, I try emergency portable starter. Nothing works. Finally I jump start it with my Dad's 2012 528i. Dealer, Quality BMW of Fort Walton Beach Florida, takes car in a 0900 today and calls back at 6pm as they are closing maintenance shop to leave a messge with my Father that I can pick car up in the morning. They have not replaced the battery and have simply recalibrated a switch (note: not replaced) that was not allowing the battery to recharge properly. Car is out of warranty in November and has a battery that is almost 4 years old and discharged to that sort of empty point. I call BMW NA and tell them about situation and they point me back at dealer. I talked to customer rep at dealer (maintenance shop gone until Monday of course) and they point me back at BMW NA. This seems to be becoming a trend with anything I have to have the dealer do on any BMW's I have owned lately. I know losing my and my family and friends (who I all brought to BMW over the last 10 years) business will not even be a blip on BMW NA's radar but it is a sad state of affairs on some very expensive cars that I have come to love (I have ownnd E39 530i, E46 330Cic, E93 335i as well as the M3). Guess back to Ford Mustang BOSS 302. Service might not be any better, but at half the price who cares.