02-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #80
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Well, but remember the new M3 will have an engine designed by M Division - a tri-turbo I6 in the same vane as the new M diesel if most recent rumors hold (or maybe still a V6, if you choose to put your faith in that camp). It will be built from the start to make much more power than any series engine it may share an architecture with, as much as 50% more power, in fact.

Not that I am taking sides in the "1M is/isn't a reall M" debate. Just offering up some facts.

BTW, I like the Star Trek bit; the overt corniness of it all is usually good for a laugh. And you rarely break character; quite dedicated I must say. Though, I have to admit that I always invisioned this as your online-only alter ego. If you are truly like this IRL, well, I would have to say it would surely get old pretty quick.

Regarding the engine, I now see your point... the fact that the 1M's engine actually came out of a Z4 and not originally from the womb of the M-Division. That is actually a good point.

As far as my real persona, I can assure you that I'm actually Captain Kirk in real life. Call me Jim!
Attached Images

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
Appreciate 0