View Single Post
      01-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #62
shiv@vishnu
Tuner

Drives: X1, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Haven't seen this asked before:

1) How does this play with factory warranty? Providing that someone will "unistall completely" the hardware and the software of the system, will the dealer still be able to see modifications that were done in ECU memory?
There is no impact on factory warranty because the system leaves absolutely no trace in the DME memory. Unlike DME flashes, the code isn't changed one bit. And the Procede itself provides the tuning offsets, shielding the DME completely from monitoring any un-stocklike operating condition. There is literally no track of tuning. Even if you were to datalog (from the DME) while the system is operational. The only thing you would notice is a remarkable lack of knock retard.

Quote:
2) Do you have any comparitives between a "bone stock" M3 (including a stock exhaust) and one with only the Meth/Procede added to it? From what I've learned, a high-flow exhaust alone would add some (10whp) peak hp to a stock car. By dedcutive reasoning, would the Meth/Procede system only add 10-15whp to a stock car? Or does your graph indicate "stock tune" with exhaust already installed?

I realize that there is more to a graph than peak numbers, I see that you guys have improved the engine's power nicely between 5.5k and 7K. Is there any chance you can show us completely stock M3 vs Meth/Procede.
All our tests had, at the very least, an aftermarket exhaust. So I don't have any dyno results on bone stock cars. I'm sure I'll collect them over time though. And will update the website accordingly.

Quote:
3) what if you are caught in a snow storm, you run out of Meth/water mixture and you still need to clean your windshield while driving. IF you use windshield washer fluid (or of some idiot at a dealership puts windshield washer fluid into the resevoir). Can you potentially blow up the motor?
No, using WW fluid will not damage the engine. While the detergents and glycol aren't suitable for engine performance, it won't cause a problem. But if you happen to have filled your WW tank with it, all you need to do is disable Meth injection by switching over to Map 0 (stock tune) or Map 1 (Procede tune but with no meth).

Quote:
Last question. I'm going to approach this from a "worse-case-scenario" perspective. I noticed your system is at 180psi .... thats a lot of pressure. Lets say for some unexplained reason, the meth injection lines rupture and the meth mixture squirts everywhere. Are there any ill-known side effects of meth to belts, hoses, etc?
The meth pump only arms when the engine is under load. We also have implemented overflow safety that disables the entire system in case measured flow exceeds the target flow (in the case of a leak, for instance). So there is virtually no chance of an uncontrolled meth leak. The hardware we use also employs compression fittings, not the standard push-in fittings that are used by other meth kit manufacturers (cooling mist, DO, snow perf, etc,.) They are completely leak-proof if used correctly. And they are very easy to use.

Pls let me know if you have any more questions...

Cheers,
Shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States