View Single Post
      01-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I thought the 2500s were noisy on the street. I'd run Performance Friction PF-Z pads for dual purpose. They're an outstanding street pad. I've got them to fade on longer track sessions, but they do fade gradually. No big surprises.

If you were to compare the DS2500's to an OEM pad, yes, they do make a bit of noise at times, but they are much quieter than any other clubsport or race pads. With a proper burnish procedure there is minimum to no noise at all. Remember, the burnish procedure needs to be repeated once in a while, it's not a one time only after installing new pads and rotors like most people thought.

The PF Z-Rated pad is more of a high performance/severe duty type of pad and will likely to fade a little quicker than the DS2500. I would rate the PF Z-Rated pad right where the ST SP and Porterfield R4S category.

Performance Friction does offer the 1038 compound that is more suited for high performance street, light to medium duty track use. This pad will perform more or less like the DS2500.
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0