View Single Post
      01-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #58
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
I do have to admit that I was set to do the ED for the planned brand new car as well. However, then I realized some of the points I made below. In the end it made more sense to me to purchase what I can touch here in Canada. Taking in a nice European trip in a rented car (that does not need the top gas grade) or even by a combination of a EuroRail Pass and car rental works very well too and much less frustration and worry. Fine it is great to have driven your new car in Europe, still do you need the worry and the sleepless nights?

I did my trip to München Germany in 2009 while I was there also went to Dresden, Leibzig and Stuttgart for a VW, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes factory and museum tour and ending it in München at Die Welt for the factory and museum tour there.

I purchased my BMW's in Canada since like others I don't like to wait that long for the car to arrive back home. Also the gas cost in Europe is quite high driving a high performance car needing Super Gasoline. On average a US Gallon will run you close to $12.00 what fun is that then where to park all that worry no thanks.

Besides I like to touch and see what I purchase and thus found just the right car with help of my dealer.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 01-18-2012 at 05:11 PM.