Thread: JL Motoring
View Single Post
      01-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #10
JZBDCT
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e92

Here's a list of the problems:
1) The trunk didn't close. The JL-Motoring Trunk lid hole for the trunk switch was angled sharply to the right. This prevented any smooth normal trunk closure. This misalignment failed to engage the trunk latch.
2) The bolt holes didn't line up with OEM equipment. I think this imperfection is acceptable and requires body shop to make it work.
3) The trunk has noticeable gaps. Again, an imperfection that comes along with aftermarket parts. However, the trunk is never flushed with any of the edges. And the number of blaring gaps is too much even for someone that has no attention to detail.
4) The tail lights don't fit on the trunk lid at all. You can't even put the tail light in.
5) The carbon fiber sagged on the trunk lid. An imperfection that most other companies would discard and rebuild a new one. I was willing to let it go since it was being painted afterall.

Overall the fit was 4/10.

My end conclusion was that I had purchased a part of my car that pragmatically didn't fit , close properly, and tail lights didn't fit. I was displeased to take the hit to my wallet and made my own decision to move on.

I chose another vendor and dropped off my new CSL lid at the body shop. I visited the body shop a few hours later. The fit and quality of the build was ten times better. Granted, it still needs some work, being an aftermarket piece, but that AT LEAST THE TRUNK CLOSES AND THE LIGHTS FIT.
2012 BMW M3 Coupe JZB/Fox Red DCT ZCP. Vorsteiner Double Sided Carbon Fiber CSL Boot Lid. Paint Match Grills, Side markers, Reflectors. Carbon Fiber Splitters. Lux Angel Eyes. Custom Rear Section Exhaust with valves. Next mod: Valentine 1