View Single Post
      01-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #2
DaveDee
If there is no problem-more power is the solution

Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
These look very nice. MFKN3 bought some BBS CH-R Black editions and recommended the supplier. On his recommendation I also bought a set and will putting out some more info and photos on both sets soon.
They came from Holland at a really good price and the business owner was extremely helpful and sent them freight free.

After a lot of research with the 20" wheels I found a real trap where some insurance companies could opt out of their responsibility. The load index on a 20" tyre is going to be below the tyre placard rating. On the front you need 93Y and on the rear 97Y. I could not find any 20" tyre above 90Y on the front in the more popular range.

This may in some cases void your insuracne depending on the insurer so it's worth checking very carefully first with your insurer. Some insurers may be OK with this but mine was not.
I bottled out and went for the 19"s and had them re coated by the supplier to remove any badge id so they look as close to OEM competition as possible. These are BBS CH-R 19" with 10.5" rears and 9" fronts.
They look really good, (I think) and here is a quick video, with more to come soon. Tyres are 295x30x19 Michelin PS2s rear and 245x35x19 front.