armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtm3 View Post
I have 45k miles and have had my 08 M3 for 3.5 years. I am in the middle of them testing my battery multiple times and finally finding a problem. As almost every one else, they have started by telling me BMW NA is saying it is not covered because of my driver profile? I guess the question I have is, is this the dealership or BMW NA? My dealership has always been top notch and has gone out of their way to take care of me. But the early verdict is not covered and they are stating there is no decision on their part, they just submit it and BMW NA decides. I also have had a baattery tender for the past 3 years? Does that impact warranty coverage with such low mileage? Finally, will they give me a better trade in value, since 45k miles is such low mileage???
So the dealer said it was due to your driving profile even though you have a high mileage car and you have a battery tender? I say it's high mileage because I'm at 19k miles and I'm pretty sure my battery doesn't get fully charged because my commute is about 30 miles two-way if I drive the car and it only does this maybe once a week. Battery still holding charge but I ended up getting a battery tender because I was draining the battery too much when I'm messing around with coding the car. If and when the battery gives, I'm going to replace it with the mini Cooper battery and save myself 25 lbs.