View Single Post
      01-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #78
pt
Private
Rep

Drives: I miss my E12

I should back up a second, and state that I feel Clinton deserves blame for the CFMA and for repealing Glass-Steagal - both are contributing factors to the current state of affairs. I'm a bi-partisan kind of guy. However, you just gave credit to the republican congress for the budget control, so they have to eat it for these things too. I'm always willing to change my mind; thanks for helping me see the light.

If you have a text book that tries to make the claim that the GSEs or CRA or whichever home-ownership initiative is being blamed on CNBC at the moment, try and sell it, and take the loss. Hell, if you read it, you already incurred a loss - if you can make a buck off it, you'll be ahead of the game.

All the joking aside, I agree with the frustration out there over TARP. People in Texas, or Oklahoma, or the Dakotas or wherever, shouldn't wind up on the hook for what bunch of idiots in NY/CA/NV/FL did. It particularly bugs me that this was such an unpopular thing and sailed through anyway. Wouldn't it be great if our elected leaders actually did what was in our interests? Apologies for the foolish idealism.