Originally Posted by Chewy734
my personal experiences would say that is far from the truth.
Following common sense is key;
1. Don't bring attention to yourself.
2. Don't look sketchy or look like you're up to no good.
3. Do not flaunt wealth (driving an M3 through the hood in this case is a bad idea).
4. Don't associate with anyone that appears sketchy or looks like a drug dealer.
5. Act calm, cool and collected.
6. Don't purposely go to crime infested areas if you don't need to. Most of the time these areas / locations are obvious. (areas on the outskirts of downtowns, run down downtown areas and the like.)
I don't know why in about 90% of situations anyone would bother you if you follow those rules... Gangbangs, muggings and drivebys aren't exactly a daily occurrence. I've driven through some pretty rough areas at night in Miami and Orlando and was never bothered. Not that I recommend either but it's not difficult to figure out in any city; where these areas might be.