Originally Posted by swhat
what was the total cost of this project?
Items I had to buy:
- 5 - 2"x12"x8' pressure treated boards. $12.97 each
- 2.5" deck screws with square heads. $8.68
- 2" grip tape roll. $9.68
- $1 paint brush. $1.15
- jigsaw blade. $5.97
Total: $91.48 + tax.
Items I already had:
- Jigsaw with angled base
- Portable electric screw driver
- Measuring tape
- Drill bit for drilling pilot holes
- wood glue
- wood stain (left over from other projects)
- wood trim pieces for bump stops on the end of the ramps (left over wood pieces from previous house project).
Not as cheap as I imagined it the night before (but isn't that always true for these types of projects?), but the ramps are really heavy duty, and they don't slide while driving up them (and I have a really slippery concrete garage floor).
I still think they are too heavy (maybe if I was doing it again, I would look at lighter, non-pressure treated lumber), and I would probably reduce the length of the ramps also. This design the length is 6.5 feet. So storing ramps that measure 6.5 feet x 1 foot x 7.5 inches, and weigh ~40 lbs each is a pain-in-the-butt for me, since I have a tiny one car garage currently.