View Single Post
      01-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #18

Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Originally Posted by SamS View Post

... Did you need anything to go on top of the stands, for them to fit into the plastic jack-point-recesses?

Can this jack reach the front mounting point, or do you drive the car on a ramp or onto pieces of wood?

I cut 4 small wooden rectangles out of a 2x4 to fit each individual jack point. So whether I'm using a jack there or placing a jack stand, each point has it's protection. Much cheaper than the aluminum billet.

I built makeshift ramps out of 2x12" boards. Each ramp consists of 2 boards, one about 18" and one about 24", stacked together, flush on one end, staggered on the other, and nailed together. I place one in front of each tire and slowly drive up on them. Now the car is raised 3.5" at all 4 corners. Next I can access with my racing jack the front center jack pad behind the bumper and place 2 front jack stands. Then access the rear differential jack point in front of the cooling fins and place the 2 rear stands, using your little blocks of wood in the cups. Now you can have all four wheels off at the same time. Makes brake flushes much easier!

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20