01-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: e92 M3

Send a message via AIM to VSmotorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notnug View Post
I am planing on running TT. Per my calculations, my M3 will be in TTS. I am doing brakes and suspension plus all of the safety mods (Cage, Fire suppression...). I feel that these two performance mods are what this car really needs. No engine mods are planned, as the V8 has enough power for me. I am interested in having a safe, fun car to better my driving skills. At this point, winning is not my number one priority. I just hope it does not bump up into TTU.
If winning is not your goal, I would make sure to ask yourself what you will be doing with your car in the future? Maybe once you start doing time trials you will get more competitive and want to win. I would say TTA is more of a suitable class for the E92 M3. At least in the Great lakes region you would need to run about the times of a Grand Am E92 M3 in TTS to be a front runner. Will you eventually make the change to wheel to wheel? Something like GTS-4/5?

Its better to buy something once then twice. So if wheel to wheel racing is in your future and you are not serious about being competitive in time trials, I would say go for the triple adjustable set up or better. Penske can make a set up for your car and is top of the line but Moton, Motion control, Jrz will already have kits made for your car.