View Single Post
      01-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Veritable
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

New Years Day Photos - Gun Metallic R35 GT-R + MR E90 M3

Woke up a bit late on New Years Day, had okay weather, and my brother-in-law had a kinda-photographer-friend in-town visiting, so we spent a few hours for some pictures. It's a long-overdue kinda-photoshoot for his new-to-him 2009 Gun Metallic Nissan R35 GT-R anyways. The 2011 Melbourne Red Metallic BMW E90 M3 is mine, of course.

My photos first, my equipment was a Canon EOS 50D body + Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM.

A couple of shots first of him driving my car on our way to his house to grab his car. He first drove my car the day I took delivery, but he's been itching to try it again now that #1 my car is broken in and #2 he's now also driving a DCT car.

-----

Then, here's the short shoot on his driveway.

-----

Here's the pictures taken by my brother-in-law's friend Leo Chang, equipment was a Canon 1D Mk4 + Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM + Canon Speedlite EX580.

-----

Then we're off on the roads for some rolling shots. Things are much easier when the camera car is a FOUR-DOORS The fading light provided some challenges so these are the best of the bunch.

-----

Rest-stop time. Leo missed the engine bay while at my brother-in-law's house so he got caught up here.

-----

Then, we switched cars so I can get behind the wheel of the GT-R, then Leo tried to take some rolling shots of my car. The lighting didn't help, nor did the huge wing mirrors that the Nissan has.... Still, we made do.