View Single Post
      06-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #12
Kafka
Private

Drives: E46 M3 SMG

Update re cab issues

I have taken your comments into careful consideration to find a compromise. (1) For some of the structural issues I have done some modifications for HP and handling. (2) I was able to take a BMW driving school in Canada this spring and there are others I can take here with the cabriolet (still no luck with this in the US though). (3) And, as you know, there are various schools in the US that supply the cars and have signed up for a course (Corvettes and Formula Fords) in the Fall for access and experience to different driving skills (although we do have some of these schools in Canada too) that I'm assured are transferable to my M3. This is the best I could do for a compromise and in the process will leave ordering the new M3 for a number of years (cost after recent mods and it would now be a drop in HP/torque with the FI).

Again I appreciate the comments you guys (perhaps women included?) gave me earlier. For someone/returning to the Bimmer experience it is great to get more experienced input. I'm happy to pass on what I might learn through all of this to others should anyone ask.
K.
Kafka is offline   Canada