View Single Post
      12-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #115
rdvs-can
E92 and smiling all the way

Drives: 2008 E92 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
The way is to specify in the beginning of the update which a new hardware had also been installed. I do not know how the update would respond to this given that the revolutionary controller is not recognised because of the computer specific to the auto.Want to install a backup camera
So, I have two questions. First some background. My car is in storage for the new few months (winter, yuk)
I have a 12/07 build E92. Just received the new idrive controller from Patryk. After I installed the new Euro Headlight switch for the rear foglights (a breeze) I felt inspired so I tried to installed the new controller knob. Before to took all the hardware off the old console I simply plugged in the one wire for the controller, nothing else. And low and behold, no go. Switched back to the old controller and repeated it. It works fine.

Here are my two questions:
1. Is there a way to see the SW ver before I go to the dealer?
2. Is this a software only issue or do I actually have to connect all the other connections for the ashtray, power, EDC and DSC?

Suggestions would be very welcome.