View Single Post
      12-28-2011, 02:37 AM   #179

Drives: 2006 Merc SLK 350

Incredible work and incredible car! Just ignore the haters, cops, and doubters. I'm looking to get a new GT-R sometime in 2012 and I love what you have done. Sign me up! If I'm ever in Atlanta again (which I may be in May 2012) I'd love to check out your version of Godzilla. It might further inspire me!

Originally Posted by mikewads View Post
It did not take long for me to get a custom to my last set of modifications (E85 tune, DPs, FMIC, injectors, etc.), so I contacted my buddy Cicio @ TopSpeed and we discussed what to do next in my quest for more power! Once the GT-R makes over 630 ft lbs of torque to wheels the OEM rods will eventually fail, so in order to go any further I will need to build the bottom end of the engine and beef up the transmission. It's a big step and comes with a big price tag, but fortunately I have the skills and the tools to do the job myself. It's a little nerve racking, requires a lot of time, and research... but in the end it will all be worth it. I go tearing down a brand new 2012 with 3500 miles on it! LOL

I will continue to update this thread as I progress with the build. Enjoy the photos!

Dropping the engine:

Dropping the transmission:

Transmission ready to be sent to John Shepherd:

Engine Timing chain:

Stock pistons:

Bare block - top:

Bare block - bottom:

New engine internals back from the machine shop after being internally balanced (Cosworth Rods & Pistons):

Main parts of the AMS Alpha 10 kit: