Okay guys, it looks like the storm clouds have moved out and we'll be blessed with great weather for our track day tomorrow. This is my last update before our event. I just want to make a few reminder points and additional details now that we have all participants registered.
• We have a total of 9 helmets that can be shared on the track in various sizes. I know that many are bringing their own helmets, but some may want passengers to ride so they might need to use one of our loaner helmets. They weren't expensive so don't worry about getting them sweaty. we'll bring some Clorox cloths.
• We have 5 groups of 3 or 4 drivers so traffice should be light on the track. We're either going to run 20 or 25 minutes per session so we'll get plenty of seat time for everyone. I tried to group everyone according to car performance and driver experience. If you don't like your grouping we can always change it after the first session or two
• For all those caravaning from QT at Six Flags with us we're meeting at 7:15am to gas up and leaving promptly at 7:30am so we arrive at the track in time. If you miss us just head straight for the track please. The QT address is 291 SIX FLAGS DR., AUSTELL, GA 30168
• We'll collect from anyone that owes a balance either at QT or at the track before driver orientation
• Please be at the track PROMPTLY at 8:00 am CST. The entrance crosses over the track to get to the infield and the pits so once hot laps start they will not allow IN and OUT of the facilities until lunchtime
• We're providing lunch, snacks, and drinks. We'll take a break from 12 - 1 to eat and gas up. There is 98 Octane gas at the track, but I don't know if it will be available and I'm sure it won't be cheap so we're planning to leave the track to get gas quickly and come back
• Remember to bring the correct shoes! I don't think this will be a big deal, but I don't want anyone to have an issue with track management due to footwear
• Someone asked about indoor observation areas since they are bringing spectators. I think the track may only have the small tower and I'm not how much access we'll have, but we can ask as soon as we arrive
• We have a few spare tires (e39 and 3-series) just in case someone has a catastrophic tire failure you may not have to go out and buy a brand new one. We'll also have a few sparing tools on hand as well
• I mentioned that we'll have photography to capture the event. Well, looks like we'll have some video too. Elijah has agreed to do some passenger video shots as well as mount his equipment to some bumpers during our sessions. He'll give more details about this when we arrive at the track
• Today, I received a special surprise as well from APR Motorsports in Auburn, AL. They are going to join our group with their professional race prepped Audi S4. They are flying one of their pro drivers down to train one of their new drivers on the track. They've agreed to provide some assistance to us when they can which would be awesome from a professional race team! This makes a total of 4 completely race prepped cars participating in our event! Don't worry, they'll all be driving in the same group, but should make for some interesting lap times
Last but not least, let's be safe and have some fun out there! See you tomorrow!