Originally Posted by Superfly_M3
I'm picking my new car soon and the dealer is offering me some protection options:
Appearance Protection Covers: $1465
- repair of chips on withshield (filled) and 1 winshield replacement in case the windshield cracks.
- Paintless dent repair (when the paint is not damaged)
- Lost damaged key replacement
- Interior Food and Drink damage on seats/carpet
BMW Rim and Tire Protection $1500
- Covers damaged rims and tires. Tires will be replaced for new ones if they are punctured, even though they are not run-flats. The good thing is that BMW will cover BMW winter rim/tire even when its not purchased through the dealer - which I have already.
What are you opinions on this?
Has anyone found the protection packages to be worth it?
I live in Toronto and bought both packages. I got the tire protection because I lost 2 rims on my previous car due to Toronto's crap roads and failure to promptly fill potholes. I just took delivery in July and have already had one tire replaced under warranty due to a screw in it. Replacement was fast, painless and cost nothing.
I got the appearance protection package because it also covers windshields, coverage which my insurance does not have due to a high deductible.