View Single Post
      12-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 15 MW M3

Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Hey gang,

Just took re-delivery of my car at PCD and drove 1100 miles back home. Before I left Spartanburg, I popped the hood and noticed a few drips of oil from the fill port. I figured PCD topped it off. I wiped it down, made sure the cap was tight and went on my way.

A few hundred miles into the trip, I got the Add 1qt message. Since no dealer parts department was open, BMW Assist supervisor said it was OK to use Castol Edge 10W30 until I could make it to my dealer (need 1200 mile service, anyways). So, I added a qt and everything is OK.

But, I noticed that the top must have been loose (hence the oil got out) and created a minor mess. Nothing on the hood, but there is oil in a 1ft radius around the cap. I wiped some of it down, but I need to clean up the rest. There is some on the engine cover, valve cover, and hoses.

I already have some P21S, should I use this? Any recommended procedures? If it would be better served by something other than P21S, is there something at Walmart/Autozone? I hate for the oil to sit while I wait a week for something ordered online to show up.

sorry to hear about that.

you can use the P21S total autowash on your engine bay for sure.

make sure you rinse the area thoroughly