12-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
yup Mike actually helped me with the wiretap, then i just routed the cables myself. SO EASY. SO far the Passport is working great. I like the GPS functions a lot and it "auto stores" false alert locations after 3 passes on the same spot - very cool. I'm toying with the idea of the Blinder M47s.....Since most cops out here use LIDAR, I figure its better to be safe than sorry It's not cheap (about $900 including install). I had no detectors of any sort on my old 335i which i had for 5 years. I don't regularly go over 85 mph on the freeways, but its nice to have for city driving if I want to go 60 in a 45...those short spurts of overtaking and feeling the M-Beast come to life

Let's see if we can all meet up this weekend? Mike and I are down in the Marina so maybe meet closer to here? Or I don't mind a road trip to your hood either. I actually am going to MRF Engineering in Anaheim this weekend to hear the MRF system and talk to Malek. Maybe you can meet me at his shop as well.

Got my V1 with the mirror in yesterday. Pretty easy install. The hardest part of it all is getting the wire from the headrest tucked away (still gotta finish that part of things). Other than that, it all works well and was so easy.

As far as a meetup, I wished I could. My weekends are fairly shot until after Xmas. I might be able to swing something Sunday, but not sure yet.