Originally Posted by bigjae1976
How did you not have a fuse on the amp's power wire from that battery?
Is your amp's power wire wired directly to the battery? If so, I would think your battery is fried.
The first post made it clear that the amp was wired backwards. It is possible that this could have torched some part of the component circuitry from the inverted DC power. The subsequent spark situation - without evidence of a blown fuse - would support that possibility.
A fuse will break a circuit that is running too much current. It will not break a circuit running at nominal current with reversed polarity. (The caps, LED's, diodes and chips will do that. Unfortunately ...