View Single Post
      06-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #33
Garissimo
Captain
Rep

Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post
Against a 600HP CTS-V a few mods away from the 700HP the same engine will put out in the Z07??
The 2009 CTS-V (there is not going to be a 2008 CTS-V) is probably going to debut with 500hp.

Quote:
Against a 480HP GT-R a chip away from 550+?
Will be a hot car if it ever shows up here, but will probably be more in the $80K realm. And maybe it's just me, but I get tired of hearing about this imminent arrival of the Skyline.

Quote:
Against the 580HP from the Audi RS5/6?
Latest word is that the RS5 is going to use an NA V8. Also, the M3 and RS6 do not compete.

Quote:
Are you even aware of what is coming down the pipe from anyone BUT M?
The AMG C63 Merc. is the competitor that interests me most. Mercedes seems to be shifting a little more towards the BMW philosophy with their latest AMG cars. There's also the Lexus IS-F but it'll probably come in overweight and lean towards the luxury side.

Quote:
Did you know the official BMW Nordshliefe time (8:13) is 4 seconds slower than an RS4 with R-comps, and way slower than that of the GT-R (promised to be faster than a 911 TT)?
I didn't know there was an official Nordschliefe time for the E92 M3. I believe the only time posted for the new M3 is very preliminary and unofficial.