View Single Post
      12-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
I've changed my mind, you are right. This is a top secret (bi-partisan!) attempt to prepare to round up American citizens using federal troops and hold them indefinitely. This bill probably uses invisible ink to fund the FEMA prison camps too. Shhhhhhh! It's a secret plot--only we know about it! Prepare for the black helicopters, they are on the way!!

Here's a bet--if this gets signed into law with ANY equivocation about the exemption for U.S. citizens (enemy combatant status not withstanding) I will put on my nice tinfoil hat and join the party!
Quote:
As everyone realizes by now, Congress' push for indefinite detention includes American citizens on American soil. As Huffington post notes:

The debate also has left many Americans scratching their heads as to whether Congress is actually attempting to authorize the indefinite detention of Americans by the military without charges. But proponents -- led by Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) and Carl Levin (D-Mich.), chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee -- say that is exactly what the war on terror requires. They argued that the bill simply codifies precedents set by the Supreme Court and removes uncertainty, which they said would better protect the country.
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed...-alone-can-dec

Stuff this in your tinfoil hat and smoke it.

Last edited by M3Bahn; 12-02-2011 at 06:37 PM.