Major

Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Hi Guys,

I will be picking up my car soon (E90 M3 in Alpine White). My dealer is recomending to put one this "Liqiud Glass" stuff that will make paint look and last much better for longer. He also told me that AW and Jet Black don't have a clear coat ( ... I think thats BS).

I've heard somewhere that the BMW paints have a very thin clear coat (4 microns or so) and that if you buff a new car it will take off that finish gradually.

Can somone chime in on this? Is there are product that work wonders for the paint? Something that bonds with the paint and puts a protective coating so that the paint will look/last longer?

Thanks,
Andy
Any dealer who tells you that there is no clear coat on the paint is flat out lying to you (or they're showing a level of ignorance that suggests they should not be in the business). I'd suggest you find a new dealer.

Sealants/waxes to help the car looking great longer, but you'll need to maintain and re-apply them regularly (so yes, you will probably need to polish the car before applying either). There are some nano-coating chemicals (e.g. AQuartz), that some of the detailers on the forums here have tried out, but I don't think there has been too much long term feedback on it yet.
sawzall is offline   Canada
Appreciate 0