View Single Post
      11-30-2011, 01:39 AM   #7
NRBRNG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, DCT, SG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von_zoom View Post
This season I ran with a square set up, BFG R1s, 275/35/18 on APEX 18X10 rims. True to expectations, the car will understeer if push hard into a tight turn, so expect a slight opening of the wheel, or brush of the break to get the front to turn. Otherwise, I felt the car accepted the tires very well. They did begin to go away after six events, but will stick if you give them time to heat up.
vz

Edit, please change six events to six days, or 18 heat cycles.
vz
I also ran the BFG R1's this season. Slightly different set up due to needing the front clearance running Clubsports: APEX 18X9.5F and 10.5R with 265/35F and 285/30R. No rubbing, good turn in if the above two points are used. The grip has been fantastic for first 5 days (20 cycles), great for the last 2 days but times went down by 1-1.5 secs. I am quitting while ahead and ordering the same R1's for next year. Couldn't be happier. Now for brake ducts...MT
MCS 2-way, GC race CP, TMS solid subframe/Diff bushings, RD sway bars, Akra catless GT4, BPM tune, welded half cage/door bars, Recaro Profi's /Schroth 6 pts, Stoptech ST60/ Cobalt XR1/2 race pads, Apex ARC 8's, Yoko A005 slicks, RKP GT4 Splitter, APR GT250 Wing, BMC filter, BW race F CAB's, Dinan R Toe Links, Mini CS battery, Aim DL, Dry-3100 pounds