Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO350 View Post
I go to extremes to take care of my ar, so this just really bothers me. It's especially bothersome because is seems like I would have to repaint the whole bumper just to get this small area back to being perfect.

If I did decide to touch it up, would it be advisable to put a clear bra on top of that?
I love my car and do my best to take care of it, but there's a lot of things that will happen that you just can't avoid.

I've had a couple of chips that I used the BMW touch up paint and the Dr. Colorchip stuff to repair. You'd never know that there were chips there unless I showed you up close. It even takes me a couple minutes of searching to find them, and I knew where they were before I repaired them. It's a very cost effective way to fix the chips, but there will be a very slight difference and you will probably notice, albeit very slightly.

If you have the money and the time, then just get it resprayed (which will effect the resale value probably, just throwing it out there), and then put a clear bra on it. I don't know much about the clear bras in that area, and how well they stand up to the damage that area will take, but it might be worth it. Just make sure to get it done by a reputable installer, or else the job will look like crap, you'll have lines (which show very easily on AW). Also, there are bras out there that can yellow over time (which also shows on AW cars very easily), so you need to make sure you get a legit brand. Do a search on the forums for it and you'll find that a lot of people with AW cars recommend a certain brand that doesn't turn yellowish over time, I can't remember off the top of my head though.