View Single Post
      11-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #12
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Thank you for your answer but on my last BMW(2008 328i) the sensor did not indicate which tire was low in my non-Idrive vehicle. Now I'm told that the M3 will indicate which tire is low whether you have Idrive or not. I'm skeptical because I just had a bad sensor and the system never indicated which TPMS sensor was bad. Which brings me back to my original questions.
You might be quite correct. My former Z4 35i had no iDrive nor does my 11M3 that I will trade in tomorrow.

On my o9sDrive Z4 35i I also had a bad monitor they do fail quite often if they are external, I think BMW put them on the inside of the wheel (part of the air valve) on US cars because there are more cars being sold in the US then Canada and they may have had more complains about it (I only assume this not sure about it).

I therefore must assume at this point in time that only if one has the iDrive will one get this notification. I will know more about this once I take delivery tomorrow of my 12M3 and have a chance to review the manuals.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada