View Single Post
      11-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #19
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '11.5 E90 M3

Originally Posted by freestone View Post
How did the install turn out?
Install came out great, you can see it here. I highly recommend each and every component.

This is exactly what I am thinking about for an e90 sedan. But I have Logic 7 system. No i-drive.

The ms-8 processor/amp is also a great solution for me, but I hear that if creates an echo on bluetooth phone usage?
I'm not too familiar with the MS-8 and upgrades to L7 systems, but I think I've read the MS-8 works great without needing line output converters... I think you can plug all your L7 amp speaker outputs in the MS-8. Not sure about the Bluetooth echo, but I'm sure if you search MS-8 you'll get all the answers you need.

Is there any reason to add a sub in the trunk for classic rock if you upgrade the underseat speakers?
I would just upgrade the underseat woofers and see if thatís enough bass for you. I think the Jehnerts do amazingly well with rock and even music with a lot of low bass like techno. Iíd skip a trunk sub for now and see if you like the sound without a sub. If you ever had a decent sub though, youíll probably miss that extra kick. I did, so Iím upgrading with an Audison Bit One.1, Arc Audio KS500.1 mini and Musicar NWís trunk sub.

Recommend keeping the center channel speaker and the rears?
You'll get a lot of different opinions on this. I've always been an old-fashioned 2 channel stereo person, so I've never used a center channel, although i always use rear speakers to keep back seat listeners entertained. Supposedly a center channel can raise the sound stage up; I've already installed the Bit One.1 and with the time delay settings tweaked it sounds like vocals are coming from right in front of me. The MS-8 probably does even better with its auto tuning.

Front: Morel
Underseat Jehnart
Amp: ? JL or Zapco or ... ?
Processor: ms-8 or bit-one?
Rear sub: none or ?
Morels and Jehnerts all the way. Iíve read the SW-8 underseat drivers do better with low bass at the expense of upper bass. For amps I went with 2 Arc Audio KS125.4 minis (4x75 into 4 ohms for front and rear and 2x250 bridged into 4 ohms for underseat) and 1 KS500.1 (500x1 at 4 ohms for sub).
'11.5 M3 sedan | Jerez Black Metallic | 6MT | M Performance Exhaust | no DCT no EDC no NAV no nonsense