View Single Post
      11-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
MEMMEZZ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR.E92

OFFICIAL Waiting on BMW to Give Us the Option We Paid for Back!

***IF YOU HAVE 6NR (BMW APPS/CONNECTED DRIVE) AS AN OPTION ON YOUR CAR, DO NOT LET THE DEALER UPDATE YOUR CAR'S SOFTWARE!

It is well known now that the most recent BMW software update will completely erase this $250 factory installed option from your car. If your car is in service and requires any "programming" or "coding" of any sort (even if its not for the purpose of the software update) the software update will automatically be done and you will lose 6NR.

Im very disappointed with BMW (probably for the first time ever), as its almost unprecedented for them to be able to take a factory installed option that customers have paid for or are currently paying for in their monthly payments away from them.

I know almost no one on m3post cares much for $250 dollars or the 5 bucks it adds to their payments but i think the principle of the matter is absolutely wrong.

Furthermore, this update has been around for long enough for BMW to fix a simple software glitch and yet we have no solution (as far as i know).

If anyone has made any progress on this issue or actually received another update to fix the issue, please chime in. I dont have much faith in any of the genius SA's to get a solution before members here figure it out.

Some reference: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590463
Appreciate 0