View Single Post
      11-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #113
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: bac mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Since this thread is now part of the sticky Track FAQ, I thought I'd add a handy link to this thread where people are posting their alignment specs: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367003

It seems like many, if not most, people posting in these threads get Ground Control camber plates along with a new coilover setup, but GC will work with OEM springs. I think the max negative camber you can get depends on whether you're doing camber plates with the OEM suspension. I have GC close to maxed out at -3.0 on ZCP stock.

FWIW, I feel this one change (camber plates for more negative camber up front) made such a huge improvement in track cornering and virtually eliminating understeer, I recommend it for anyone doing more than a couple of track events. And it can be a quite affordable solution that pays for itself quickly by saving you $$$ in tires.
I also have the GC plates and have -3 up front and -2 in the rear and the car is a different animal. Instead of getting frustrated fighting the car in the corners it turns in almost telepathically.

I do have gripes about the GC springs. 1) they become unseated at full droop and 2) they started squeaking like a 30 year old couch. I've contacted gc but no specific remedy was offered. Other than that I'm happy with the setup.