10-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #1805
dcstep
Brigadier General

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
I always thought reposing meant the subject would move, and reframing meant the photographer would most-likely move... of course I could be wrong, since I've never taken a photography course.

You sir have a lot of patience... one hour just to maybe capture a deer?

I assume that's why cropping is such an important technique for wildlife photogs? So you don't have to switch lenses or move forward/backward dozens of feet, and potentially miss the shot?
I do reframing by changing body/lens combinations. I've got the 500mm on the 7D and the 70-200mm plus the 1.4x TC on the 5DMkII. My understanding does match yours, I thought you were suggesting, in jest, that I'd walk out a 100-yards and ask the buck spread his legs a little and stand so that we could see his sack.

I've spent over 50-hours trying to catch a ring-neck pheasant cock with the sun at my back, right after sunrise. Still don't have the shot in my mind. Many of those hours were below freezing and a few were below zero.

The term "reframing" is also used when you select an AF point, AF and then lock the focus so that you can move the subject around in the frame (out of the center) and still keep it in focus.

Here's one where I got the subject relaxed by telling him what a great package he has and then asking him to stand a little obliquely so that all of us could see his goods.

Big, well prepared buck. by dcstep, on Flickr

BTW, taken at ISO 6400 and hand held after sundown.
dcstep is offline   United_States