View Single Post
      10-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #19
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkw15 View Post
It's pretty clear that President Obama supports expansive government spending and increasing the federal workforce, right? I mean those are the facts. The federal workforce has grown by 11.7% since 2008 while the private sector workforce has been reduced by 6.6% over the same time period.

I'm not arguing whether or not that is the right thing to do, but I think it's been pretty clear that growing the government and stimulating the economy by government spending are goals of the president.

Let me get this straight. You are saying that Obama supports "expansive government spending" because between 2008-2010 while this nation is at war, the Office of Personnel Management reports the following:

Uniformed military personnel: + 10.5%
Veteran's Administration: + 11.3%
Department of Defense: + 15.4%

Seriously?

Where I come from, that's called "Supporting the Troops".

If you want to amend your statement to be "It's pretty clear that President Obama supports THE TROOPS, right?", and "I'm not arguing whether or not that is the right thing to do, but I think it's been pretty clear that SUPPORTING THE TROOPS AT TIME OF WAR is a goal of the president", then I'd agree with your post.