10-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
mjf5
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 Black E92 M3

M3 After Market parts

Hi,
I am a lifelong BMW owner going back to my first car at 16(88 E30 M3). Since then I have owned 9 BMWs 5 of which were M3(e30, e36, e46, 2 e92). I am on my second 92(2011) which I just took delivery on. Although I have been driving BMWs for over 23 years I have never ventured into doing anything to the cars after market. That has changed with the purchase of my most recent M3. When ordering the car I opted for the carbon fiber roof and carbon fiber trim. So to stay with the carbon fiber theme I also ordered steering wheel trim, hand brake, hood vents, rear spoiler, front splitters, side mirror replacement caps...all of which are carbon fiber. I ordered most of the parts from a company called AUTOTEKNIC. The quality of the parts are good and once installed the fits were not great, but good enough that I could live with it. The rear spoiler I had to return to them since it did not fit as I one would expect. They said they will send me a replacement part and I will see how it goes from there.

I would like to know what other after market companies other people have used for their M3 and the experiences they had. I plan on doing much more to my car and would like to find a some other companies I can use for parts that AUTOTEKNIC does not carry as well as for comparision.

I know how difficult it can be to find good aftermarket parts so any suggestions members can offer would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

MJ