Looking to buy M3, a few questions
I am a newbie to the forum and to M3s in general. I have narrowed my preferences to the 90 series, and would prefer either a convertible or a sedan, although I would consider a coupe. I understand that there is a fairly significant difference between the Nav system on the 2008 versus 2009+ models. Probably cannot afford a new M3 at this point. Budget is about $45K-$55K.
1. Are the 2008 cars with the early iDrive still worth considering?
2. Was the ECD (programmable damping system?)available in all models, even if as an upgrade?
3. What models or features should I avoid, and which ones are must haves?
4. Is CPO the only way to go, or would you consider the right car without the certification?
5. The performance package offered on the 2011: is it available on earlier models, and if so, what is the cost?
Thanks in advance for the responses. I will have to admit that I have come over to the M3 after strongly considering the Mustang Boss 302. Great motor, handles well. But, no Nav or satellite radio, no leather, no back seat in the Laguna Seca, poor back seat in the regular model. I have two boys, ages 4 and 6, who will ride in the car about 20% of the time, therefore my preference for either the sedan or the vert M3.