View Single Post
      10-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #65
Thud
Throbbing Member

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njprince0226 View Post
Yeah as I said iphone did amplify the whole voice to text speech thing. Actually there are android apps that are almost similar to siri. There is Sam. I told sam to set alarm for 7pm tommorow and it did exactly that. Im not hating on the iphone for its technology but rather for its price. Its nowhere near worth it for what you can get with an android.
Heh... the problem with Android is that almost every phone is a flavor-of-the-week which are soon abandoned by their manufacturers (in terms of OS updates) in favor of the next shiny thing.

I got rid of my Galaxy S phone; no updates in months, and little hope of even getting Android 2.3. It's already old news.

What about the Galaxy S II? Bah, old news. Trounced in benchmarks by the iPhone 4S.

Hell, even the brand new Razr Droid is old news, and it's not even out yet. Why? It only runs Gingerbread. It'll probably never get updated to Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) that just came out. Why buy a brand new phone that's still running an old OS?

You pretty much have to root your phone if you want to stay current on software.

If you get an iPhone, sure you could jailbreak it too, but you'll also be getting at least 2 years' worth of OS updates and new features.

Previous cars:
2008 BMW 135i / 6MT
2002 Z06 Corvette