Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Tough situation for sure. I really feel for you. In regards to the truck transport, it is possible that it left in a closed truck and then went onto an open truck at a distribution point. This is very common in the vehicle shipping business when you don't pay for a dedicated, enclosed trailer for the full journey.

As far as the service that you have received, it is very troubling. Get a lawyer involved if needed. I would bet that a small form letter from a lawyer will get the attention of someone there.
+1 I agree ... also I had in my business life delicate machinery shipped in enclosed trucks and it was then removed and delivered on an open truck, however, only my shipment not including others.

In the case of the OP I must assume his car shipped all the way on an open truck and if so the Dealership let there guard down since this is definitely not the way that BMW proper would transport a car across country.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found