View Single Post
      10-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #32

Drives: 2011 M3

Originally Posted by ASENNA View Post
Thanks for all the comments and advice.

It is a new car, and I will check for the shipping blocks, although I wouldn't say my ride was brutal. It felt fine the other day when I overtook 2 cars and a truck at 150kmh, but I don't think there's much future in going 50% over the speed limit. It was the first time I put the foot down and was shocked when I saw the clock.

Not test driving it wasn't the best move. I'd been fascinated with BMW's since I was young and just assumed I would love what many think is the ultimate bimmer. I don't think I bought the wrong car, I just need to win the lottery and build some decent roads around here. You can't go 50 metres without dodging potholes and patchwork.

I will probably go for the 18" wheels, which brands are the best? I think I will keep the 19's and track this car someday, hopefully I don't wet my panties
Two things with the shipping blocks....they make the front end sit a little high (this should be a clue) and they are INSIDE the rubber shroud of the front shocks, so they are NOT VISIBLE when you just jack up the car and look under there.

Good luck.
2014 Audi S6 * 2015 Audi S3 * 2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
Former 2011 BMW M3 owner