Thread: Perry or Obama
View Single Post
      09-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #60
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
I don't think you understand where I disagree with you.

In my opinion, the use of Obama's middle name was done as a Islamaphobic dog-whistle. You disagree and come up with all kinds of excuses.

In my opinion, using an image of Obama as "a black man just getting out of the crops" instead of what his accomplishments really were at 22 could be considered a dog-whistle. You categorically deny that is possible.

In my opinion, bringing up Obama's mixed racial heritage into a comparison between two Presidential candidates in a Politics forum is a racist dog whistle. You don't say it is a racist dog-whistle.

If you agree with me on all of this, then that is great.

If you don't agree, then you need to answer the hard question of what VALUE do all of these intentional dog-whistles ADD to the comparison of these two Presidential Candidates? Because if you guys can't answer that simple, basic question with a real answer instead of blowing it off, then the question MUST be asked. Why are these dog-whistles all there?
No, my opinion differs from yours. That happens.

Your last paragraph assumes all opinoins not in agreement with yours still do consist of dog whistles. This is not the case.