Thread: Perry or Obama
View Single Post
      09-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #56
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
It's fine to dislike Obama because of his policies. But if you EXPRESS your hatred of Obama's policies by using racial epitaphs, or racial dog whistles, or racial stereotyping, you don't get to claim you aren't a racist just because you also disagree with Obama's policies.

For an extreme example, if someone hates Obama's Healthcare policy and then says that "N!!g3r Obama" shouldn't be President, they don't then get to hide behind their dislike of Obamacare and then claim their comment wasn't racist. I'm not saying anything here is that extreme of an example, but the same holds true with what is going on here.

When people here hate Obama's policies, and then use racial/religious dog whistles to attack Obama, they don't get to hide behind their dislike of Obama's policy to defend the use of racial/religious dog whistles.
I don't think you understand that I agree with you here.

However, I'm struggling to see where the racism so obviously was in the OP. That's all. I'm not trying to stir up the hornet's nest or call anyone an idiot (well, except for Bush in my previous post). It's very hard to tell on a forum whether someone's intent is racially motivated unless they out themselves in one way or another. I just don't think it's fair to imply that OP's intent was racist without knowing him personally, or his motives.

For all we know, he just thought it was funny as a purely political statement. Then again, he could have all kinds of non-white people hanging from structural beams in his basement. Who knows? You guys are labeling OP as a racist just because he posted this pic. That's wrong.